Doctors & Team
Meet the experienced and friendly doctors and team who make Silver Lake Eye Care Center the leading provider of vision care products and services in Everett.
Lynette M. Sundholm, O.D.
I hail from a large family in Iowa.
After studying zoology at Iowa State University, I earned my OD degree from Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago in 1985 and Silver Lake Eye Care Center was born in 1992.
I am a member of the American Optometric Association, Optometric Physician of Washington and the Snohomish Society. I’ve been practicing optometry for over 35 years and I enjoy the variety of medical and functional optometry, the technological advances in eye care, and the heartwarming rewards when we change someone’s life.
My son, Adam, fills the balance of my life. I watch with much anticipation and participate enthusiastically in his life as he journeys to fulfill his dreams. I could not be more proud.
- Member of American Optometric Association
- Member of Optometric Physicians of Washington
- OPW Board of Trustees (2013-2016) Member
- Past President, and current member of the Snohomish Optometric society.
- A BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2000
- Member of OMWBE
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Volunteer
- Everett Animal Shelter Volunteer
- Education: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa and Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago.
- Specialty: Primary Care, Dry Eye, Myopia Management, Ocular Disease
- What Inspires Me: My faith. My son.
- Favorite Quote: “Any road will get you there if you don’t know where you’re going.” (Harlan Sundholm)
- Favorite Music Genre: Smooth Jazz, Country, Soft Rock
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Maui, or any warm, sunny beach
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Role Model: Parents
- What I can’t live without: Friends, family and sunshine
- Something you probably don’t know about me: I lift weights
Bryan Redick O.D., F.A.A.O.
Dr. Redick’s Practice Philosophy:
“Every person deserves access to the highest quality care possible. By utilizing state-of-the-art technology and by devoting the time required, together, we can ensure that you have the tools needed to experience a lifetime of your best possible vision.”
Dr. Redick graduated with Distinction from the University of Washington and with Honors from the Indiana University School of Optometry. He recently received the honor of becoming a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO), a designation awarded to less than ten percent of optometrists. Members of the Academy are recognized as meeting the highest standards of optometric practice. Earning this designation affirms that the rigorous qualifications for Fellowship have been met, including advanced study, scientific publication, and the passage of a meticulous oral examination.
Dr. Redick also periodically lectures on his optometric expertise at various professional conferences. His most recent presentation illustrated to the neuroscience community how to properly manage neuro-ophthalmic emergencies in the optometric clinic, including brain tumors, optic nerve swelling, and amaurosis fugax. His optometric research was most recently published in the internationally renowned journal of Vision Research, and he has been honored as a Dean’s Scholar, as a recipient of Indiana University’s Faculty Fellowship, and as a member of the Beta Sigma Kappa honor fraternity.
Dr. Redick has always been passionate about community and public service.
- He volunteers in many public eye health care programs and has served in multiple international service mission trips. He was the Vice-President for the Indiana University branch of Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity.
- He periodically works with local charity organizations to provide free eye exams and glasses to those in need.
- As an active member of the American Academy of Optometry, the American Optometric Association and the Optometric Physicians of Washington, Dr. Redick is continually striving to make quality eye care available to all.
Dr. Redick is a PNW native, born and raised. He spent most of his childhood exploring the North Cascades, where he developed a lifelong love for skiing, backpacking, and mountaineering. He and his life partner, Briana, are currently enjoying learning how to backcountry navigate and backcountry ski in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.
Darran Kim, O.D.
Dr. Kim was born and raised in Maui, Hawaii.
He attended Pacific University in Oregon and received his Bachelor of Science in Biology. He then went on to pursue his Doctorate of Optometry at Pacific University College of Optometry.
Dr. Kim has worked in a variety of clinical settings, and his externship experience includes medical eye care rotations at Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute, Lebanon Veteran Affairs Medical Center, The Eye Care Group, and Kaiser Permanente. He is a member of the American Optometric Association and Optometric Physicians of Washington.
Dr. Kim enjoys getting to know patients and is passionate about providing advanced, high-quality care.
In 2020, Dr. Kim returned to Washington with his wife and has been enjoying living in the PNW again. Outside of work, he enjoys traveling, cooking and exploring new foods, golfing, skiing and snowboarding.
- Education: Bachelor of Science at Pacific University; Doctorate of Optometry at Pacific University College of Optometry
- Specialty: Primary Eye Care, Ocular Disease, Dry Eye Disease, Myopia Control, Surgical Co-Management
- What Inspires Me: My family and friends
- Favorite Quote: “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle” – Steve Jobs
- Favorite Music Genre: I listen to a little bit of everything
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Maui, Hawaii
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas
- Role Model: My parents
- What I can’t live without: Family, friends, coffee
- Something you probably don’t know about me: Enjoy listening to podcasts
Meet Our Team:
Our exceptional, friendly team is our greatest asset. They are excited about what they do, and they care personally about getting the best results for our patients.
Our receptionists will try to accommodate your busy schedule by finding appointments that suit your needs. We will help you understand your insurance coverage and if financial arrangements are necessary, we will be glad to help you develop a plan to make your vision care treatment possible.
Jessie: Optometric Technician
Juliette: Optometric Technician
Andrea: Patient Services Coordinator